Rules and Regulations
For safety reasons, please follow the rules and regulations in Home Sweet Woof! Festival 2021. All visitors to Home Sweet Woof! Festival (to be held from 29 June till 06 August 2021 (“Activity Period”)must carefully read and agree to be bound by the following rules, terms and conditions in order to participate in the activities therein.
All children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult when participating in any of the activities of the Home Sweet Woof! Festival and the adult shall agree to procure the child to comply with the Terms. The adult shall also take responsibility for the child’s safety and must directly supervise him/her at all times.
All visitors shall keep the venue of the premises clean. They shall also use all the facilities and properties in the venue of the premises in a responsible manner, with regard to their own safety and the safety of others. Visitors may be liable to other individuals for their injuries if such injuries arise from their irresponsible, deliberate, negligent or reckless behavior.
No smoking is allowed in the festival, the host organization will report to the Tobacco Control Office if any violation is found.
In the event that any visitor conducts himself/herself in any reckless/unsafe/illegal manner that may hinder the operation of the festival, the host organization reserves the right to require such persons to leave the festival without any compensation or refund.
Visitors who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol attempt to disturb other visitors or staff, or refuse to abide by the Rules and Regulations or the By-Laws of Home Sweet Woof! Festival will be asked to leave the festival immediately.
Visitors agree to comply with all instructions given by onsite staff for the purpose of ensuring safety and order in the festival.
The host organization shall not be held responsible for any accidents and/or personal injuries however caused to the visitors. All visitors hereby expressly waive the right to claim against the host organization for any loss or damages arising out of any personal injury, death or properties in any way whatsoever caused by or relating to the visitors’ visit to the festival. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing herein shall limit or exclude any liability of the host organization for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the host organization .
No prior notice will be given for any change on programs.
Comfortable clothing is recommended. The Home Sweet Woof! Festival shall not be responsible for any damage or stain caused to the clothes of visitors due to their participation of activities.
10. Non-event partners are strictly forbidden to involve any sales, market survey and any form of promotional activities in the
festival venue. The host organization reserves the rights to terminate all the related activities and confiscate all the promotional materials.
11. No loudhailers shall be used in the festival venue.
12. The followings items are strictly forbidden to bring into the venue of the eEvent:
a. any dangerous items;
b. any item which emits an odor of any kind;
c. any illegal or restricted items;
d. any type of weapon, or any object which is weapon-like
e. any type of remote control flight device or drone
f. any item that in the Organizer’s opinion is dangerous, or may cause chaos, or may interfere with the operation of the Festival
Pet admission rules
13. Home Sweet Woof! Festival welcome dogs to join in, limited to one dog for each person. All participating dogs must be at least 5 months old
and in good health. Bitches in heat will not recommend to be admitted. All participating dogs must be implanted with a microchip for
14. Due to the natural habits of cats, it is not easy to adapt to an unfamiliar environment immediately and the outdoor weather is relatively hot,
to ensure the health of cats, therefore, cats are not allowed to enter the venue.
15. Under the current legislation, Pit Bull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Japanese Tosa, Fila Braziliero and their crossbreeds are classified as “fighting
dogs”, all of them are not allow to enter the festival.
16. For the health and safety of all peoples and children, all dogs entering the festival must be securely held on a leash of not more than 2
metres in length by a person at all times, and any large dogs weighing 20kg must wear a muzzle at all times. If it is found that the
conditions are not met by the staff, they will ask the owner to process it immediately. If there is no change after repeated persuasion, the
offender is required to leave the festival.
17. All dog(s) in the festival must be fully vaccinated against common infectious diseases at least 14 days prior to the festival, which include:
a. Canine distemper,
b. Canine viral hepatitis,
c. Canine parvovirus, and
d. Any such additional diseases as this Department may consider appropriate.
18. Visitors who bring dogs must control the dogs you bring. If you lose your dog, or if your dog attacks/injures other people or animals, you
may be prosecuted and liable.
19. The host organization reserves the right to deny any dog to enter the festival, if :
a. microchip is not found;
b. the dog(s) is showing signs of illness;
c. the dog(s) is showing aggression toward any dog(s) or person(s);
d. the dog(s) cannot be controlled by the owner.
20. Visitors please pay attention to the safety of their pets. If your pet(s) are unfortunately attacked or injured by a pet, or has symptoms,
please contact the staff and the host organization will do everything possible to assistance, also there will be a pet emergency personnel at
the site, and a pet ambulance in Hong Kong Island will also be on standby to bring pets to the nearest designated veterinary clinic when
21. Please keep the environment clean and hygienic, do not allow the dog(s) to foul indiscriminately. Dogs latrines are provided in the festival
during the event period, dog owners must clean up all the manure of the dog, and other waste must be collected and disposed of properly.
22. To avoid heat stroke and inconvenience for dogs, it is recommended not to wear clothing for dogs.
23. Dog owners should bring their own drinkable water and water bowls for their dogs. Dog owners may also buy bottled water inside the
24. The host organization shall not be held responsible for any accidents and/or personal injuries however caused to the visitors. All
visitors hereby expressly waive the right to claim against the host organization for any loss or damages arising out of any personal injury,
death or properties in any way whatsoever caused by or relating to the dogs/pets’ visit to the festival. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing
herein shall limit or exclude any liability of the host organization for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the host
25. The Public Health (Animals and Birds) Ordinance (Cap.139), the Dogs and Cats Ordinance (Cap. 167), the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Ordinance (cap. 169), the Rabies Ordinance (Cap. 421) and the Protection of Endangered Species of Animals and Plants Ordinance (Cap. 586),
and their subsidiary legislation and all other relevant legislation must be fully complies with at all times.
Property & facilities
26. Visitors shall look after and safeguard their own personal belongings. In no event shall the host organization be responsible for any loss
or damage to visitors’ personal belongings (however caused) in the course of participating in any activities at the Festival.
27. If any facilities or properties in the venue of the Home Sweet Woof! Festival are damaged by any of the visitors or their pets, the
relevant visitors shall be liable to make compensation in respect of the damaged facilities/properties, the amount of which is to be
determined solely by the host organization.
28. Visitors must agree to compensate the host organization and sponsors, business vendors, or staff for various losses and responsibilities
caused by participating in the event.
29. Visitors authorize the host organization and sponsors the shooting and preservation of the portrait, name, voice and appearance of
participants and their pets, so as to produce photos, sounds, videos, and permanently in any place, current or future media use the video
for promotion, trading, or other purposes. Visitors must understand and agree that the host organization and the sponsors will not pay
any fees or other compensation for the use of the video.
30. Visitors must abide by the rules and regulations set by the host organization. The host organization reserves the right to cancel the
admission of any visitors or animal, or request any visitors or animals to leave the festival.
31. If the festival is cancelled due to bad weather or sudden conditions, Home Sweet Woof! Festival will publish the announcement on our
website: http://bit.ly/hsw2021 and Facebook Page before 12:00pm on that day.
32. The decision of the Home Sweet Woof! Festival and the host organization in respect of any matters of the event shall be final.
33. In case of any disputes, the host organization’s decision shall be final and binding on all parties concerned.
Disease prevention measures
34. Must scan the “Leave Home Safe” QR code or register your information before entering the festival venue.
35. All visitors must wear mask to enter the festival venue, otherwise admission will be restricted.
36. All visitors are required to pass the temperature check at the entrance before admission and alcohol sanitiser will be installed at the
entrance and exit.
37. The host organization reserves the right to refuse entry of any person(s) whose body temperature is higher than 37.5 degrees Celsius
(as indicated by the on-site temperature detector in the venue of the festival) or to those who appears to have significant symptoms
of respiratory infections.
38. The host organization may implement crowd control measures based on the total capacities of the visitors.